Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Did you worry about people you knew coming in and seeing you or were you fairly open about it?

Once I decided to go through with it, I told all of my friends about it and even suggested that they come in and watch me make a fool of myself. In the beginning, I thought it was pretty hilarious that I was actually working as a stripper. I guess if you knew my personality, you'd understand why I thought this was so funny.

A group of friends came in on a Saturday night once, completely drunk. It was really fun. They all tipped me generously and I gave four of them a lap dance at once (I count this as one of the three lap dances I ever gave).

For how many hours of work? I always thought strippers were supposed to make reams of money.

I'd work anywhere from 3-9 hours, depending on the night. To me, $600 in one evening is a lot of money. You also have to keep in mind that I wasn't giving lap dances. Strippers who make "reams" of money are generally really good at talking guys into private dances. If you're giving back to back lap dances on a busy weekend night, you're usually walking home with a massive amount. I didn't feel entirely comfortable with it, so I usually drank at the bar in between songs.

Most strippers won't admit it, but there are definitely nights where you will make less than minimum wage. Sometimes the customers just don't come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment