Thursday, March 19, 2009

What kind of training was there?

There was no training. The night I met the owner and signed the paperwork I was asked to dance. After spending so much time in strip clubs, I was pretty cocky about my perceived ability. Once you're on stage for the first time, it's a totally different story. I'm sure I really sucked.

After a week or so, I had a routine down. I'd usually grind next to a pole to an Al Green song, and the crowd responded favorably. I never learned any complicated pole tricks, though I always wanted to.

When it came to club requirements, the one I worked at had an extremely relaxed customer satisfaction policy. None of the girls were forced to do anything they were uncomfortable with. With that said, a lot went on behind the owner's back because he was so hands off.

We were all expected to give lap dances, but I was pretty good as disappearing near the bar between songs. No one really cared, and the girls I worked with definitely didn't mind, since it meant less competition. I initially wanted to work there just to observe people, so I didn't mind if I was missing out on $20 I would've made writhing all over some mouth breather.

As far as perks go, my drinks were always free.

No comments:

Post a Comment