Monday, March 16, 2009

What's the routine and how long does it take to get into stripper mode? Like doing hair, make-up, spritzing perfume, shaving strange places.

Some girls would show up three hours before the club opened to prepare in the dressing room. The vanity tables were usually covered with straightening irons, curlers, make-up, g-strings, packs of cigarettes, beer bottles, and lotion by the time I arrived. I'd always shower and do my makeup at home to avoid the dressing room as much as possible.

I learned all sorts of weird stripper beauty secrets during the first few weeks. Ever wonder why they always tend to smell like baby powder? Some add half a bottle of baby oil to their bathwater when they're bathing.

They also seem to have a fixation on packing all of their individual outfits into Ziploc bags stuffed with Snuggle dryer sheets. I was told by one of them that it keeps their outfits fresh in between costume changes. I always thought the smell was nauseating.

I would usually only have an hour to get ready once I got home from my first job. That hour usually consisted of shaving. You really have to make sure you aren't hairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment