Sunday, March 22, 2009

What was the most nauseatingly overplayed song?

I didn't work with the most original bunch. I had to listen to strip club standards like, "Paradise City" and "You Shook Me All Night Long" frequently enough to make me want to jump out a window. The absolute worst was having to sit through a seven minute Tool song while one of the strippers writhed around on the floor. That was always pretty excruciating. One of the girls used to dance to a recording of herself singing "Paint It Black". She taped it on her karaoke machine. It was depressing.

I always looked forward to working with the black girls though. They'd show up at the club, ignore everyone and climb on stage just to dance to a twelve minute booty bass track their cousin in Florida hastily threw together after getting out of the penitentiary a few months prior.

My favorite customer was a 75 year old black dude who used to come in on a busy Friday night, order a daiquiri at the bar, and spend the next few hours reading the newspaper. I never once saw him accept a lap dance or tip a girl. I think he was just really lonely.

My least favorite customer was always any guy who would taunt you with a dollar. I still see them when I visit strip clubs now. There's nothing more obnoxious to a stripper than a customer who won't drop a dollar on the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment