Thursday, March 26, 2009

What was your view on the customers?

Before I worked as a stripper, I knew that all strip clubs had an unsavory customer or two, so it never shocked me when I ran into a total creep. I guess I was always blown away by how many regulars there were. Some guys would come in every night for weeks, and blow hundreds of dollars on lap dances. I suppose a common argument would be, why not save your money and stay home and jerk off? I think part of the appeal for many of the repeat customers was the female companionship and the degradation of the girls. There's also obviously an element of excitement. Some of them were simply voyeuristic, and enjoyed watching other guys get lap dances.

Now that I no longer strip, visiting a strip club is always a little odd. I know what kind of shit the girls put up with so my empathy level always rises. Some people like to call strippers lazy, but honestly, it's a really difficult job even when you're ingesting whatever booze/drugs you can to numb yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment